Hello! It’s the longest week of the year: the week before winter vacation…woof! Don’t get me wrong, I really like my job, but I’m definitely ready for some relaxation.
Now that the weather is starting to consistently suck and it’s dark 23.5 hours a day, my ability to stay positive is definitely being tested. I am feeling a bit “eh”, but trying to stay on track with recovery thoughts as much as possible. That being said, one of the best gifts I (meaning mostly Chris) gave myself this year is our home gym! I wasn’t sure how much I was going to like working out at home, since I really considered my gym a sacred place. It took me a little while to get used to, but now that I work out at home regularly, I really love it.
With that said, here are my personal gym necessities:
- No travel time/reduce wasted time
- workout whenever you want
- wear (or don’t wear) whatever you want
- do laundry while you exercise
- break up workout to fit your schedule
- blast bad music
- Dog and cats don’t move
- limitation of some equipment
- no motivation by meatheads
So all in all, I’m lovin’ my home gym! Where do you work out?